Lovely Leicestershire is looking so festive this year and the excitement and magic that’s all around makes it a wonderful time to do something special, such as get married or propose to a loved one.
If you’re thinking of getting engaged in Leicester this Christmas, then it seems you’re in good company. According to Facebook last year, Christmas Eve was the most popular time for people to pop the question, with other favourites such as Valentine’s Day, New Year’s Eve and Christmas Day, coming in as runners up.
It’s easy to see why, after all, the happiness levels are generally high at this time and romance is most definitely in the air. Imagine how lovely it would feel to wake up in each other’s arms on Christmas morning as a newly engaged couple – so romantic!
But, if you need a little more persuasion, here are some more great reasons why there’s no need to wait until February 14 to pull a marriage proposal out of the bag.
Why Christmas is the best time to propose
- People just love big announcements at this time of year – check out Eastenders!
- Pretty much everyone is happy at Christmas time!
- The colder weather can offer a romantic setting even if there’s no snow – but we had some on Boxing Day a couple of years ago, so fingers crossed!
- There are lots of romantic things to do around now, such as sleigh rides and walks in the wintry countryside, which will make the perfect location for your proposal.
- Christmas is a time for family and friends and an engagement is a great way to make it truly special.
Ways to pop the question at Christmas
There’s a lot to be said for the sparkle and magic that’s already all around at Christmas time, which is why a festive proposal is such a great idea.
If you’re wondering how to do it, then there are plenty of options, just let your mind wander to romantic things, such as the ring in a bauble hanging from the tree, or asking the question under the mistletoe. You could even spell out the “Will you marry me” message in beautiful twinkling lights outside on a frosty night.
Make Sure You Look for Your 2017 Caterer!
Once you’ve asked your beloved to marry you and they’ve said yes, now the real excitement can begin as you plan your wedding – and what a lovely time of year for wedding planning as you relax and enjoy the festivities.
Maybe you have some ideas already in mind, but whatever you do, make sure to look for your 2017 caterer in good time!
Enjoy Your Christmas & New Year From The Leicester Kitchen!
We are very much looking forward to all the fun and excitement that is coming up over the next few days and hope that everyone has a wonderful Christmas and New Year.
Happy Christmas from The Leicester Kitchen!