So it’s actually happened! The question has been popped by your one true love and now you’re stood there in the heart of somewhere special, sporting a big fat sparkler on your fourth finger. How exciting!
Hopefully it’s been the most magical of occasions for you – perhaps your marriage proposal was made in some far flung holiday destination, in your favourite restaurant, or in somewhere completely whacky, out of this world and unusual. (I prefer the last one, but then, that’s just me!)
Whatever wonderful stuff happened, you are now the bride or groom to be and in among all that loved-upness you might be wondering to yourself, ok, what happens next?
At Thomas Towers, not only have we seen one or two totally amazing weddings in the past, but we’ve also heard some fabulous stories about the engagements that came before. And of course we’re always part of the wedding planning process, so here are some of the things we think you should consider for your Leicester wedding.
After you’re engaged / before the wedding
One of the most important things you should do when you first get engaged is enjoy the moment and the time that comes after it. Even if you’ve been living together for a while, now that you’re engaged, chances are your relationship will hit a whole new level and change for the better. It’s a lovely time to feel all loved up and special – and with Valentine’s Day just around the corner, why ever not!
Other things you could consider doing first are the following:
- Tell your parents and siblings, because if they find out via Facebook they’re not going to be happy!
- Make sure the ring fits properly, if not have it re-sized.
- Get it insured and valued as soon as possible.
- Have your proposal story ready to tell everyone who asks.
- Have some idea when you’d like the wedding to be.
- Throw a party to celebrate!
- Start daydreaming about the wonderful time ahead!
It’s all in the planning
Once your feet have finally returned to the ground and you’ve eventually stopped marvelling at the thing of beauty now taking pride of place on your hand (or the hand of your loved one), maybe now is the time to start getting some ideas together.
After all, there’s no doubting that the best weddings are the most well planned ones, so give some careful consideration to the following:
- Set a budget and timetable for the lead up to your wedding.
- Consider a wedding consultant to help with the planning.
- Put the main parts of your wedding in order of priority (ie, venue/ food/ flowers/ dress etc)
- Choose your wedding party – who will your chief bridesmaid be, for example?
- Start looking at venues, locations and themes (buy magazines for inspiration).
- Get the main players, such as musicians and caterers booked nice and early to ensure you get the best.
- Try out a few wedding caterers who come recommended, perhaps even enjoy the odd taster session or two (definitely one of the perks!)
Contact Thomas Towers today!
If you would like to find out more about what magic we can weave for your Leicester wedding catering, contact Thomas Towers today for a chat.