The Wedding of the lovely Stuart and Emma O’Mahoney.
1st November 2014
What We Did
Service throughout the day from my lovely team, Canapés, a 3 course feast, the Wedding Cake and we even judged their pumpkin carving contest (with a twist!)
What They Asked For
Something a little bit different! They wanted lots of surprises for their guests. Even their menu cards didn’t give anything away…
A Little Bit About The Lovely Couple…
They had an outdoor theme in mind and had an amazing Tipi which they had styled with autumnal fallen leaves and branch tea light holders. Stuart is a drummer in a band so they played in the evening and rocked the hat off the Tipi! They also hosted a very seasonal Pumpkin Carving Competition. With an unfortunate twist – there weren’t any pumpkins!
Due to an unfortunate year for pumpkin harvests, Emma and Stuart found themselves in a bit of a pickle! I gallantly volunteered to venture out on a pumpkin hunt, alas, to no avail. So, due to an abundance of stock in a local supermarket, we improvised and went for Watermelon carving instead!
I was honoured to be selected to judge the Watermelon carving competition and went for one that resembled a character from the Simpsons!
Their top secret menu became this delicious feast…
(served from rustic crates to fit in with the autumnal feel of the Tipi)
- Braised Beef in Yorkshire Puddings
- Chorizo and Pea Tarts
- Chicken Liver Parfait on Toasted Brioche with a Fruit Chutney
- Salmon Fishcakes with Lemon and Parsley Mayonnaise
- Hoi Sin Duck Pancakes
- Wild Mushroom Arancini with Rocket, Pickled Shallots and Chestnut Puree
The Main Course
- Braised Daube of Venison in Red Wine and Rosemary Jus with Celeriac Puree and Buttered Kale & Fondant Potato.
- (Stuart and Emma wanted a Cheesecake Wedding Cake and we were more than happy to oblige! It was also served up after the evening buffet)
- We made three delicious Cheesecakes of various sizes and flavours, including Creamy Vanilla, Luscious Lemon and a delightful Chocolate and Ginger.
And later they had…
- 6 hour Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder, served in fresh rolls with Homemade Stuffing and Apple Sauce.
- And a deliciously autumnal Spiced Pumpkin Soup or a Warming Cream of Onion Soup, served in quirky hotchpotch mugs. Just some of the random selection included a mug with The Tweenies on, A Leicester City Football Fan Mug and an ‘I Love NYC’ mug.
What They Thought
“We just wanted to say thank you for your amazing catering at our wedding. EVERYONE commented on how wonderful it was, I think we converted them all to venison too!!! You provided us with the menu we dreamed of and it was better than we could ever have imagined. You have been very easy to work with and nothing was too much trouble with questions answered and problems solved (watermelons!) with your usual cheery demeanour.
You helped to make our day everything we wanted it to be and the best wedding ever according to many of our guests!”
Wedding Catering in Leicestershire
For your bespoke wedding catering in Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire, contact Thomas the Caterer today. We’d love to have a coffee and some cake and discuss your dream wedding! We look forward to hearing from you
Amazing photos supplied by Chris Bunce