With Spring in full swing in Leicester it’s great to see all of the happy couples there are about! Yes, I know I might be a little biased, as I get to go to weddings for work, but it’s fair to say that even the pairs who aren’t getting married seem so happy and in love. It’s really a pleasure to see!
Engagements are definitely the in thing for 2017 and I can’t wait to witness and be part of all the fabulous weddings that come about as a result! Of course, as the weather gets warmer, the onset of wedding season is bringing even more of an element of romance to proceedings. It’s absolutely got to be one of my most favourite times of year.
If you’re one of those people who has got newly engaged this year, you might be wondering how to choose the best date for your Leicester wedding and if so, then there are a couple of pointers that you might want to bear in mind.
365 days to choose from! How will you decide?
Get a calendar for next year and stick a pin in it right? Or, perhaps you’ve decided on the season, because it’s one that you particularly love and it doesn’t matter when exactly you have the wedding, as long as it’s at the right time of year.
Perhaps you’ve been to a spring, summer, autumn or winter wedding which made a perfect climate for the type of wedding you want and you’d like to do the same? But when you’re picking the best actual wedding date, give these few things some thought:
- Who needs to be there as well as you? Are they free then?
- Is the perfect venue available for weddings on that day?
- Is that time of year affordable on your budget? (Winter is often cheaper than Spring/Summer)
- Is there a particularly significant date that would make it extra romantic?
- Getting married abroad? What’s the best time of year weather wise?
- Can you both fit the date (and the honeymoon) around work commitments?
- Does the time of year work for the theme of your wedding?
- Do you have a particular service provider in mind? Are they available?
- The season will set the mood – is this the mood you’re looking for?
- Does the time of year fit with the kind of food you want to offer guests (eg a special food van outside may not be a great place to stand and queue when it’s pouring with rain).
Make sure you don’t forget the caterer!
All in all, there’s a lot to be said for getting the right ducks in a row in good time – namely, making sure you have the important people there and the day goes how you want it. And of course, make sure you don’t forget the caterer!
If it’s important to you to provide your guests with great food on the day, then make sure you get planning the menu and booking the best as soon as you can. Get in touch with us today to find out more!